7 Amazing Benefits of Surya Namaskar – Steps, Tips & more
Hail the Rising Sun! Well, this has been the common theme of hymns sung across cultures and civilizations for eons. Indeed, the light and heat of the sun helps us live life to the fullest. The ancient philosophy of India had recognized the benevolence of sunlight on our bodies and worshiped it. You will be told how allowing the sunlight to touch your skin early in the morning will help you regain health and feel energized. Sure, you have to stay away from the harmful UV Rays that assault the earth later in the day, but medicos and yogis alike recommend exposure to morning sunlight to ensure wellbeing.
You may want to follow the age-old practice of Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation that promotes health but is not based on principles of faith. Do follow the technique as perfectly as possible. You may join the annual Sattviko Food Yoga Marathon to learn more about mindfulness and perfect the techniques as you join the group on the specified date.
The early practitioners of Ayurveda and Surya Namaskar techniques believed that the body is governed by several divine impulses of light. The midpoint of your body is the umbilicus (navel), with the solar plexus located behind it. This is also considered to be the second brain that is closely connected with the sun. The Surya Namaskar enhances the power of the solar plexus, thus enabling you to improve your body alignment and mental acuity as well as intuitive powers.
Try as many techniques as you can to maximize the benefits of Surya Namaskar.
You may begin with 20 sets and move on to 54 and eventually reach 108 that will help you to gain insight and discover the purpose of Surya Namaskar. In Yoga 108 is considered as the basis of all creation. Thus practicing 108 SN daily connects you with cosmic energies of the universe.
For the correct way to practice refer the image on the right
Almost all individuals have benefited by trying the Surya Namaskar. You will be pleased to discover the following advantages once you learn how to do it:-
1. Weight Loss – The exercise will stretch the muscles of your abdomen, causing you to lose weight steadily from the midriff and stomach. You will find your arm fat melting away, too, giving you chiseled, toned upper limbs. Your spine will become flexible once again, helping you get rid of that nagging back pain and aches. A famous Bollywood celebrity performed 108 Surya Namaskar daily during her weight loss regime
2. Insomnia– Develop a regular sleep pattern and eliminate the sleep disorder that has been haunting you for a long time. Instead of sleeping pills, embrace good sleeping habits courtesy of Surya Namaskar.
3. Stress Buster– Let stress and anxiety issues take a back seat when you assume the prayer pose that expands and relaxes your chest muscles. Your mind will become clear as your body rejuvenates, too.
4. Concentration– Sharpen your mind and improve your focus with Surya Namaskar that includes more than a dozen Asanas or poses, addressing both sides of the body and every group of muscles.
5. Better Skin – Regular practice of Surya Namaskar improves blood circulation. Increased level of blood circulation brings glow to face & improves the elasticity of the skin, thus preventing the onset of wrinkles and makes your skin look radiant.
6. Detoxifies Body – The active breathing during the process of Surya Namaskar makes your lungs ventilated and increasing oxygen in your blood. Thus helping in detoxifying your body by remove carbon dioxide and other toxic gases in the body
7. Improves Digestion – Practicing Surya Namaskar improves the digestive system by alternately stretching and compressing abdominal organs. People suffering from constipation and indigestion or indigestion should practice Surya Namaskar on an empty stomach every morning.
Surya Namaskar is a complete exercise that helps you balance all 6 pillars of yogic wellness . Practicing Surya Namaskar daily align your energy with that of Surya Namaskar. To be a part of community that enjoys doing Surya Namaskar daily join Sattviko FoodYoga Marathon or Surya Namaskar Marathon where every 3 months thousands of people come together on zoom to perform 54 to 108 Surya Namaskar.