Health Benefits of Yoga
With the International Yoga Day just around the corner, it’s time we realised the benefits of yoga and what a delightful gift it is to the modern lifestyle. Practicing yoga asanas can prove to be of great value to your long run health and fitness. It establishes a harmony between your mind, body, soul and breath, thereby making your journey through life fulfilling, calm and happy.
Here are a few reasons why practicing yoga is one of the wisest things you’ll ever do for yourself :-
- Overall fitness - Yoga not only enhances your physical fitness, it also provides emotional and mental balance. It helps you become truly healthy. Pranayama, asanas, meditation, poses, etc. encourage holistic living and fitness.
- Boosts Immunity -Studies have shown that yoga improves immunity at cellular level. As it helps you to move better, circulate better and breathe better, it invariably helps other organs to function better.
- Yoga for weight loss -Weight reduction is needed, wanted and dreamed of by a large number of people. Pranayama such as Kapalbhati as well as Surya Namaskar greatly aid weight loss. Regular practice encourages mindful eating, which makes us sensitive to the foods we crave for.
- Increases strength and energy - If you feel tired and listless by the end of each day and juggling multiple tasks leaves you feeling exhausted, then practicing yoga for a few minutes everyday will surely make your feel spirited and energetic.
- Improves posture and flexibility - Yoga stretches your muscles which enables you to move better and makes your body lithe, supple and strong. It tones your body and greatly enhances your body posture by increasing your core strength and body awareness.
This World Yoga Day, inculcate a yoga diet in your lifestyle with Sattviko, the online organic food store with several yoga food plans and yoga food recipes. Resolve to eat healthy and reap the complete health benefits of yoga.